11.29.2014

Sermon Outline for Missions Giving


Tis the season of giving to missions.  (In my denomination, that would be the Lottie Moon offering.) Here is a simple outline that may be a help to my pastor friends.  Feel free to use without credit.

"Good Things That Happen When We Give to Missions"
Philippians 4:14-20

1)  We meet the needs of God's servants (v14-16).  "you sent aid once and again for my necessities."

2)  We store up treasure in Heaven (v17).  "I seek the fruit that abounds to your account."

3)  We please our Heavenly Father (v18).  "a sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God."

4)  We learn to trust God to meet our needs (v19).  "And my God shall supply all your need..."

5)  We bring glory to God (v20).  "Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever.  Amen."