12.15.2008

Hang in There Mr. President

I just saw the footage for the umpteenth time of the idiot throwing his shoes at President Bush. I don't really know what to say, other than that it makes me sick to my stomach. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... George W. Bush is a good and honorable man, who does not deserve this kind of treatment. God and history will be the president's judge, not the haters who irrationally blame him for everything in the world that is wrong. I would hope the American people would show outrage at their president being treated this way, but I should know better...

They say you find out who a person really is when they've put in their two weeks notice. As the Bush years come to a close, the president is exhibiting grace, compassion, humor, and dignity. Of course, the media finds an ulterior motive, saying it's all just a p.r. stunt to "soften his legacy." Could it be that President Bush is simply a decent human being?... Nah, that wouldn't fit the image they've created for him... That's okay Mr. President. Keep your head up, and go out with your boots on.