12.22.2008

Proud Husband


My wife, Rachel, (right) graduated Friday night from SBU with her Masters Degree in Elementary Education. The other young woman in the picture is her cousin Melanie, who graduated with her Bachelors Degree in the same ceremony.

Rachel is one tough girl... After putting her education on hold when we first got married, she finished her Bachelors Degree by commuting from Ellington, MO to the SBU campus at Salem, MO (not a fun drive) while pregnant with our first daughter! If memory serves me, she had Hannah the week before finals, but returned to take her finals and pass them with flying colors. Then to top that... This time around, she had our son (Levi) in the middle of working on her Masters, missed one week, and then returned to finish her degree on schedule.

I've said this before, but this is the same girl who was a pastor's wife at the age of 19! I don't know how she does all she does, but she's quite a lady. I am a proud husband.