8.28.2013

Never Say Never

I always said I would never live in a "big city."  Yet here I am.

I always said I would never live in one of those subdivisions where every house looks the same.  Yet I do.  I only pull into the wrong house once a week or so.

I always said I would never drive anything but a truck.  But I sold mine recently and got something more economical.

I always said we would never home school our kids.  But we have school desks in our loft and the ABC's on our wall.

I never thought I would teach social studies again.  But I now find myself in a classroom four days a week.

Some of you may think these things are silly.  But to me they're significant.

Some of you may feel sorry for me, but I have joy.

Why?

I am where my Father wants me, doing what He wants me to do.

Will I succeed?  Will I fail?  I do not know.

All I do know is that I am in His hands.  And that's enough.