Struggling with Temptation
1) Your temptation is not unique to you. "No temptation has overtaken you except that is common to man..." You are not alone. Be assured others are struggling with the same thing.
2) God has not abandoned you to your temptation. "God is faithful..." He has not given up on you, and He never will. cf. 2 Tim 2:13
3) No temptation is so strong that you have to give in. "God... will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able..." The power of the Holy Spirit within us is greater than the power of any temptation we face.
4) God always provides an "out" from temptation. "but with the temptation will also make the way of escape..." The escape hatch is always there. We just need the discernment to see it, and the discipline to take it.
5) God may not deliver you from temptation, but He will bring you through it. "that you may be able to bear it." You probably won't wake up one day and find all your temptation for that longtime stronghold is forever gone. But you can wake up each day, and submit your will to the will of God. And He will be with you every step of the way.