9.29.2010

Today's Sign that the Apocalypse is Upon Us

According to an article in today's Newsleader, Springfield schools have adopted a formal policy that students at school dances are no longer allowed to simulate sexual acts, grope their partner, or run hands underneath their partner's clothing.   (Apparently, they were allowed to do these things before.)  They are, however, still allowed to "grind" their partner. 

I am sickened that this is even an item for discussion.  Of course, I'm not the least bit surprised that kids are doing this stuff, I just can't believe they were doing it at school dances!  (I didn't even know kids still went to school dances.  When I did my student teaching at Willard ten years ago, my freshman students were already hitting the clubs.)  Home schooling is looking more appealing all the time.