12.07.2009

Missions on My Mind



Missions has been on my mind lately...  Because for Southern Baptists, Christmas is the season for the Lottie Moon Offering for international missions.  As I told the Selmore folks yesterday, it is an awesome thing to think about 42,000 Southern Baptist churches from all over America coming together to give $175 MILLION (goal) to take the Gospel to the nations.  Wow.  That makes me humbly proud to be a Southern Baptist.

Missions has been on my mind lately...  Because I was supposed to be in Chicago this week to explore a missions partnership for our church.  A forecasted winter storm caused us to postpone our trip, but I will go relatively soon.  There is a great need in Chicago for new churches.  Right now, there is one Southern Baptist church for every 39,000 people.

Missions has been on my mind lately...  Because each of the last two years I have been in El Salvador at this time.  I miss my brothers and sisters there.  I hope to see them again in the not-too-distant future.