6.26.2009

From Daytona

Day one in Daytona has been great! Had a good flight. We were impressed with Allegiant. The plane and customer service were good. And you just can't beat a two hour flight from Springfield to Orlando for $99.

Daytona Beach is a 30 minute drive from the airport. Our hotel is right on the beach. Our balcony overlooks both the "strip" and the Atlantic Ocean. I love everything about the ocean. I love looking at it, hearing it lap on the shore, and especially the salty smell. Lord-willing, I would like to visit the ocean at least once a year for the rest of my life. The ocean, like the stars in the sky, are one of the few things in this world that gives one a sense of the immeasurable vastness of God.

We ate supper tonight at a great Caribbean restaurant. We ate outside on a deck overlooking the intracoastal waterway. It was beautiful. There was a live band there that totally rocked. When they started playing "Sweet Home Alabama" I told Rachel, "Now I'm on vacation."

And of course the best thing about today was my traveling buddy... Rach and I have been married for ten years today. She is my treasure.

Until next time...