5.31.2009

A Good Day


Today has been a good one. We had a good worship service this morning, and a sweet prayer/commissioning time for our mission team that is leaving for Sioux City, Iowa on Saturday. Missions has become part of the DNA of Selmore. For this, I am grateful.

To make the day even better, our dear childhood friends, Jim & Sara Flora, brought their family and worshipped with us today and then spent the afternoon with us. I asked them to sing a special before I preached, and they did a great job. I've spent more time with Jim than anyone outside my own family. I consider him a brother. (And lots of people have thought we actually were through the years.)

But the best part of today is going to happen in about an hour. At 11:59 the "Montana Halls" (my brother Jordan and his family) will arrive at the new Springfield airport. They are going to spend a week with us, although Jordan and I will be going to a conference in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina the latter part of the week.

Had a good time fishing with Pastor Jeff in the upper Pomme de Terre River (above) on Saturday. I caught one keeper smallmouth and a few smaller ones. Nothing to write home about, but it was good to be on the river. The Pomme is not the prettiest stream, but the fishing is surprisingly good. Put me on any Ozarks stream, and I am home. If you've read my blog very long you know Mondays are for fishing, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Peace.