3.06.2009

Oh, to be a Child


I'm going to tell you one of those stories... You know the kind. A story a parent tells about their child that makes everyone else sick. But, this is my blog. So deal with it! Ha!

I stepped out on the back porch this afternoon, and heard the sweetest sound I've heard in a long time. My three year old daughter was swinging in her swing (unaware of my presence) and composing her own song to the Lord, "Thank you for this beautiful day. Thank you for the grass. Thank you for the sky..."

After I listened to her for a moment, I startled her when I said, "Sophie, God likes that very much." She smiled and looked toward the sky and said, "You're welcome, God." I almost corrected her theology, when the Holy Spirit stopped me, saying "I am thankful for this little one's song. Let her be."

Oh to be a child, and bless the heart of God.