1.04.2009

Around the Clover Leaf

Tonight, some buddies and I took part in what has become a tradition for my birthday (Jan 7)... Supper at the original Mexican Villa (a Springfield landmark), Bears game, Andy's Custard, and a trip all the way around the clover leaf at James River Freeway and U.S. 65. The first time it was suggested we go all the way around the clover leaf, I didn't think it could be done, but I was wrong. Sadly, this will be the last year for this part of the tradition, as the clover leaf will be replaced by flyover ramps soon. (You locals might find this site interesting. It lays out the plan for the interchange.) I don't know if using the clover leaf in this way is illegal or not, but I kinda like to pretend it is, so don't spoil it for me. What can I say? I am a rebel.