11.03.2008

Go Bears


Well, it's November now, which means my stress relief moves from fishing to Missouri State Bears basketball. I am very excited this year to have my very own season ticket to the new JQH arena! I am also very excited about our new coach, Cuonzo Martin. Tonight, I went with my friend (and Selmore's youth pastor) Adam Horton to watch the Bears' first exhibition game. The team, including the freshmen, looked very solid. (I especially liked John Hayward-Mayhew.) I think the Bears will do much better than their projected last place finish in the Valley.

Before the game, there was an open house for "The Q." (Tonight's game was in the old Hammons Center.) I must say, the new facility is very impressive. We found our seats. They are way high up but, even so, the sightlines to the court are very good. I can't wait for the inaugural game against the Arkansas Razorbacks. Go Bears!