5.14.2008

Happy Memorial Day

Several times the last few days I've sat down and tried to think of something to blog about, but no luck. Some people (like my little brother) post entertaining blogs nearly every day, but I am not that smart and/or talented.

Rachel and I are getting ready to leave for vacation Sunday afternoon. It has been a crazy spring in the Hall household with a new baby, Rachel in grad school, and things busier than ever at church. Needless to say, we have been looking forward to this week for a long time. We'll be going down to Pensacola, FL (at left) for three nights, and then we'll return home for a couple days before going to Bennett Springs State Park for Memorial Day Weekend. Rachel's family has been meeting at Bennett Springs on Memorial Day for nearly 30 years. It is always something we look forward to.


Another Memorial Day tradition of mine is to break away from Bennett (at right) for half a day, and travel 45 minutes east to the small town of Plato, to lay flowers on my grandparents' grave. Plato is where I spent my childhood, and I enjoy going back there. It remains a large part of who I am, and I find it therapuetic to visit. Sometimes I even wet a line in the Roubidoux, where I developed my love for small streams, and smallmouth bass.

When we return from vacation, I will blog of our adventure to the Gulf Coast, and hopefully I will have some big fish tales as well. Have a great Memorial Day everybody.