10.12.2022

A Personal Announcement


I am breaking my long hiatus from blogging to share an exciting personal announcement: I am being brought in view of a call to serve as the Director of Missions for Greene County Baptist Association in Springfield, MO! The executive board of GCBA will vote on me Wednesday, November 9.

Consequently, this also means that I am resigning as the pastor of Selmore Baptist Church - a group of people our family loves dearly, and always will. We will miss our Selmore family greatly, but we know God has a wonderful plan for them, and is already preparing His perfect man to serve as their next pastor.

Associational missions is something in which I have long had an interest.  I love pastors and local churches, and the possibility of serving (approximately 90!) of them in a city and area we call home is icing on the cake.  We feel so blessed for this opportunity.

To our friends from GCBA who are reading this blog to check out the new DOM candidate, good for you!  I would do the same thing! As you read old blog posts, just remember to extend a little grace as many were written when I was a much younger man.  :-)  As such, some have a little youthful angst, and others are just plain silly.  But I left all of them up for you to read.

God bless you, and I look forward to meeting many of you in person soon.

Greene County Baptists are Great Commission Baptists!

In Christ,
Josh