A Fulfilling Day
1) A father and his grown son came forward together in this morning's worship service to make public professions of faith. I was privileged to lead them in the sinner's prayer together. It was a powerful moment.
2) I preached on physical intimacy in marriage in both services today. God blessed, and it ended up going pretty well. I love the challenge of teaching God's Word, and helping people apply it to their life.
3) We promoted today as "Choir Sunday" and set a goal of filling every chair in the choir loft. (30 chairs) And we met our goal! I know it sounds like a small thing, but it was a boost to the morale of the church.
4) A new family visited our church today. We are blessed at Selmore to have guests almost every Sunday.
5) At our church council meeting tonight, we approved a purpose statement (based on the Simple Church concept) to present to our church for adoption. We will be introducing it to the church this coming Sunday. I am excited about this, and believe it will be a great thing for our church to rally around.
Since I got home from church tonight, I watched the end of the super bowl, put in 20 minutes on the treadmill, and (obviously) updated my blog. Now it is time for bed. Thank you, Lord, for a good day.