Concerning the Scriptures
1 Corinthians 2:13-16 (NKJV)
1) Scripture is not the wisdom of man, but the teaching of the Holy Spirit. (13)
2) The value and meaning of Scripture is hidden from the "natural man." (13-14)
3) The value and meaning of Scripture is revealed to the "spiritual man." (15) The first instance of the word "judges" in this verse means to discern or understand.
4) The authoritative teaching of Scripture will always bring opposition. (15-16) Others will judge you and challenge you. Note the sarcastic question in v16 - the same question Job's "friends" asked of him.
5) Our authority to proclaim Scripture as absolute truth comes from Christ. (16)