7.23.2010

Back from St. Louis

Well, we returned home from our "mini vacation" to St. Louis yesterday (Wednesday).  Along the way we stopped to worship at Rachel's home church (FBC-Licking), and visited Rachel's grandparents as well.  The highlight of the trip was Rachel taking the girls to the top of the arch.  (I stayed down with the boys as I've been up a couple times before.)  We only spent three nights away from home, but that was plenty.  This was the first extended trip we've ever taken with all four kids.  Wow.  It will be awhile before we do that again. 

This trip concludes a whirlwind period for me that has included trips to: Tulsa, Jefferson City (twice), Chicago, Orlando, and St. Louis (twice).  I am ready to chill out for awhile, and enjoy the second half of my sabbatical by getting rested up physically and spiritually.

Along spiritual lines, our church's deacons and I are currently reading through the classic devotional, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers (early 1900's).  In tonight's reading, I was challenged by this prayer... "Lord, show me what sanctification means for me." 

How about you?  What specifically does sanctification look like in your life?  What strongholds need to go?