8.18.2009

The Holiness of God: Part 1


One of the books I am currently reading is The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul, loaned to me by a friend/church member. Last night I read chapter six of this book, and it rocked my world! The subject of this particular chapter is God's justice, and it is one of the best chapters I have ever read in any book... So good in fact, that I am going to share some excerpts over the next few days. Here's the first one...

"Sin is cosmic treason . . . It is an act of supreme ingratitude toward the One to whom we owe everything . . . What are we saying to our Creator when we disobey Him at the slightest point? . . . We are saying, 'God, your law is not good. My judgment is better than Yours. Your authority does not apply to me. I am above and beyond Your jurisdiction. I have the right to do what I want to do, not what You command me to do' . . . We become false witnesses to God. When we sin as the image bearers of God, we are saying to the whole creation . . . 'This is how God is. This is how your Creator behaves.'"