4.17.2009

Baptist Presidents

This morning I got to eat breakfast with the executive director of the Missouri Baptist Convention, David Tolliver. I, along with about a dozen other pastors from Tri-County Association, got to hear David's heart concerning convention matters. And he in turn fielded questions from us. As I have said before on this blog, I have a great deal of respect for Dr. Tolliver. He is down to earth, friendly, and has good ol' Missouri common sense. David will be speaking at Selmore this summer at the dedication service for our new facility.

In a little over a week (Lord-willing) I will eat lunch with Johnny Hunt, the president of the Southern Baptist Convention. About 12 young pastors from the area (including me) have been invited to meet with him in Branson for a roundtable discussion. Dr. Hunt pastors FBC-Woodstock, GA. He is known for missions, and investing in young pastors. I am looking forward to meeting him.