3.29.2009

Driscoll


Although I don't "worship" Mark Driscoll (as some accuse pastors my age of doing), my admiration for him continues to grow. I don't know how many of you ever click on the link to his blog on this site, but I would encourage you to do so regularly. At the time I write this (Sun night), there is an excellent post on "complementarianism" (men and women having distinct and complimentary gender roles in the home and in the church).

I would also encourage you to go to the ABC "Nightline" site, and listen to the debate on "Does Satan Exist?" I don't think I've ever been any more proud of a brother in Christ than I was of Driscoll in this debate. His guts are admirable, but it's his quick wit and intellect that are truly amazing.

After you read and listen to Driscoll for awhile, it becomes very clear that he is one of the best and brightest defenders of conservative, evangelical Christianity in our nation today. Be sure and hear him for yourself, before simply taking the word of Baptist Press, The Pathway, and others who paint an imbalanced picture of this man and his ministry.