2.25.2009

Let's Go Bears!


I know most of you don't follow college basketball, much less our local team, the Missouri State Bears. But I dig the Bears. Always have. I started watching the Bears on KY3 in the Charlie Spoonhour days as a little kid, and got hooked. (Some of you locals remember "Spoon's Temple of Doom" and "Bear Hair!") I went to my first Bears game as a sophomore in college, and had a blast. (That was the Sweet 16 team with my favorite Bear of all time, William Fontleroy.) This year was my first as a season ticket holder (nosebleed section), and it's been a lot of fun, even though the Bears stink this year. (Last night was the last home game of the year.) Cuonzo Martin is a good coach, and he will get things turned around. The above pic is of Kyle Weems, a freshman this year who will be the next great Bear. The Bears will be seeded 10th out of 10 teams in the conference tournament, with the winner advancing to "March Madness." We need a miracle!