8.28.2008

10 Things I Think I Think About Barack Obama


1) Did anyone else think Obama's acceptance speech was pretty ordinary? In fairness to him, it probably would have been impossible to live up to the hype.

2) I have to give the Democrats their props. The stadium thing was pretty cool. I thought the backdrop, however, was rather ugly. (Rachel did give it a thumbs up.)

3) Call me crazy, but I can't believe we're considering a man named Barack Hussein Obama for president of the United States, just seven years after 9/11.

4) I don't care what anyone says; this picture (right) scares me.

5) Did I really hear Obama say that McCain doesn't "have a record to run on?" Has there ever been a major candidate for president with less experience than Obama? Does he really want to go there?

6) Did I really hear Obama (a man with zero military experience) challenge John McCain's (a noted war hero's) manhood? "John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell – but he won't even go to the cave where he lives." Knowing McCain's temper, if I was Obama, I'd join Osama in that cave -- unless, that is, I wanted to take a public beating from a 70 year-old. (Could we be so fortunate that Jimmy Carter would join them too?)

7) Say what you want about Obama, but he has some adorable daughters.

8) It is clear that McCain has struck a nerve in Obama with the "celebrity" label. Obama brought it up again tonight. He can't leave it alone. If I was McCain, I'd pull that string all the way to November.

9) According to Obama, the government is at least partially responsible that we have "cars [we] can't afford to drive, and credit cards bills [we] can't afford to pay." Ah, the welfare state is alive and well. And somewhere, Dave Ramsey is having a nervous breakdown.

10) Obama is handsome, articulate, and likeable. In a purely superficial sense, he would represent America well. But being president is not about looking/sounding good. It's about leading. Is Obama ready to lead? And more importantly, will he lead by God's Word? I am not convinced.